- Jacobs, Betty E.M. Profitable Herb Growing at Home. Charlotte, VT: Gardenway, 1976.
- Long, Jim. Profits from Dream Pillows. Oak Grove, AR: Long Creek Herbs, 1997.
- Maine, Sandy. Creating an Herbal Bodycare Business. Pownal, Vt.: Storey Books, 1999.
- Miller, Richard Alan. The Potential of Herbs as a Cash Crop. Metairie, LA: Acres USA, 1998.
- Platt, Ellen Spector. How to Profit from Flower and Herb Crafts. Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole, 1996.
- Reppert, Bertha. Growing Your Herb Business. Pownal, VT: Storey, 1994.
- Shores, Sandie. Growing and Selling Fresh-Cut Herbs. Batavia, IL: Ball, 2003.
- Sturdivant, Lee. Flowers for Sale: Growing and Marketing Cut Flowers. Friday Harbor. WA: San Juan Naturals, 1992.
- Sturdivant, Lee. Herbs for Sale: Growing and Marketing Herbs, Herbal Products and Herbal Know-How. Friday Harbor. WA: San Juan Naturals, 1994.
- Sturdivant, Lee. Profits from Your Backyard Herb Garden. Friday Harbor. WA: San Juan Naturals, 1988.
- Sturdivant, Lee and Tim Blakley. The Bootstrap Guide to Medicinal Herbs in the Garden, Field and Marketplace. Friday Harbor, WA: San Juan Naturals, 1999.
- The American Herbal Products Association www.ahpa.org/
A national trade association of the herbal products industry, the mission of AHPA is "to serve its members while promoting the responsible commerce of products which contain herbs and which are used to enhance health and quality of life." Site includes member links, publications information and industry news.
- ATTRA (Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas) www.attra.org/
A government program funded by the USDA, "provides information and other technical assistance to farmers, ranchers, Extension agents, educators, and others involved in sustainable agriculture in the United States." Site includes publications emphasizing organic production and alternative crops including herbs and flowers.
- The Herb Growing & Marketing Network www.herbworld.com/
A major trade association for the herb industry, this site includes publications lists and other information for herb businesses. Also includes online version of the directory, The Herbal Green Pages, links to national and international herb gardens, a listing of plant sources, herbal classifieds, a discussion list and a listing of herbal schools and courses.
- Purdue University-Center for New Crops & Plant Products www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/
NewCROP (New Crop Resource Online Program) is a project of the Purdue University Center for New Crops and Plant Products and is associated with the New Crop Diversification project and the Jefferson Institute. Includes a collection of several databases and a guide to aromatic & medicinal plants, culinary herbs & spices.